The product is premixed cement based water resistant dry set fixing mortar for ceramic wall tiles, floor tiles, marble and terrazzo tiles. It is intended for both porous and nonporous ceramic tiles. It can be used on concrete, light weight brick, block, and plaster board on interior/exterior surfaces, on surfaces plastered with water resistant plaster like Render or Base WR on damp concrete interiors. The joint should be grouted with Grout.
The product is available in Grey and White colors
- Prepare surfaces to be tiled by cleaning and removing dust, grease and loose particles. Dry and porous surfaces should be moistened with the exception to those of Gypsum Boards.
- Prepare the fixing mortar by adding the SAVETO Premium Fix to a measured amount of clean water. A suitable mixing time 0.5-3 minutes depending on the mixing equipment. To allow the binders and additives to dissolve, let the composition stand for 15 minutes and mix again as above. Small amounts can be mixed even manually. Use the mortar mixture within 2 hours from mixing.
- The mortar is spread and firmly pressed on the surface to be tiled and worked with the notched edge of a spatula on the area corresponding to a size that can be tiled in about 10 minutes. The tiles are firmly pressed against the bed and immediately knocked into position. The width of the joints can be 2 6 mm depending on the type of the tiles.
- The fixing mortar must not rise higher in the joints than halfway the thickness of the tile. When a tile is removed to check the adhesion, at least 2/3 of the tile should be covered with the mortar.
- The positions of the tiles can be adjusted within 10 15 minutes after the installation.
This product should be stored in shaded and dry place.